This weekend would be a good time...
...for the baby to come. I checked a bunch of work-related things off my list on Friday, althouh my desk could stand to be cleaned up if I'm going to be out for 14 weeks. Held the final interviews for the hire I was working on, and got some other things wrapped up, so I'm feeling more relaxed about leaving work. My yoga teacher thinks the baby might come this weekend. On Thursday night, when we normally break into pairs for back massage, she partnered with me for a professional massage and told everyone I needed it because I probably wouldn't make it to class next week. Lucky me. She also showed me a way to use pressure points in your hands which are supposd to encourage labor. I'm thinking: Ok, why would I press there? What's the hurry?
I just found out that the first baby in our Bradley class was born on Wednesday. There are 5 couples in the class, which lasted 12 weeks, so we've gotten to know each other a fair amount. Apparently, they had a good experience, healthy baby, and shocked the hospital by refusing drugs and doing everything their way. Our hospital has a reputation for being much more supportive of that.
In answer to Sherry's comment, how can we NOT turn this into the Zackblog? If you think we're insanely interested in the details of pregnancy, imagine how boring we'll be with the baby's every little change! Yes, I fear more tedious reading awaits you, along with lots of pictures.
I'm taking it easy at home today, while Nathan runs around and does some errands. Tonight, we're getting take-out and watching one of the many movies we've taped but never found time to watch. By "tape" of course, I mean "Tivo-ed".
Last night I was really wired, kept waking up, had to go downstairs and watch Law & Order to calm down. Nothing like a dose of Jerry Orbach for what ails you. I also had a bunch of weird dreams. I've heard that you have weird dreams in pregnancy, but so far, I hadn't. In one, the baby was a girl with bright red hair, who looked lke my Mom, but my Mom had an Irish accent and kept telling me that this baby was "five kettles of fish". I don't know what that was supposed to mean. In another dream, the baby was a tiny little boy about 2 inches long, and we had a fire in the house and I had to carry him out into the snow in the palm of my hand.
We got a flier from Babies R Us with coupons and were shocked to discover that we seem to own something on every page of the flier. I think we're set on "gear" for now.


3 Comments:
What a great surprise to see this wonderfully detailed posting. I find myself able to distract myself from thoughts of you three for only so long. I'm just a wee bit excited about seeing you all soon. It was lots of fun to "read all about it". I for one am super happy to hear the news that the blog promises to go on.
---Sandy/mom/Gma
ALWAYS AFTER ME LUCKY CHARMS!!!!
Seriously, meeg, get some sleep. 3:10 a.m.?
Love,
Granted, I'm not getting any sleep. But really, I tried to readjust the timezone on my template and it gave crazy times to all the previous posts. I think that one was pm, not am. The moral is: leave your template alone.
Post a Comment
<< Home