Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Yikes - 13 days to go.

That counter at the top of the page is starting to scare me. Everyone at my office expects me to have the baby before the due date (which is the same day as our annual meeting, and normally a crazy time). I've already passed the dates predicted by one of the building maintenance guys and my favorite security guard.

The one big thing I need to get done at work before the baby comes is to hire someone to fill a new position that I've been lobbying for for close to a year. I finally get authorized to have the position and hire someone, and I'm up against quite a deadline. I had a bunch of people come interview yesterday and enjoyed watching them squirm when they saw my belly and tentatively asked about my timeline for filling the position. None of the men mentioned it at all but were visibly relieved when I did. One of the women, who has two grown daughters herself, took one look at me and said "When are you due?". That was refreshingly honest and gutsy on an interview, I thought.

I'm setting up final interviews for tomorrow, so hopefully I can go into the weekend feeling ok about the possibility of labor coming, now that I'm in the two week window.

We had another good doctor's appointment - blood pressure and everything else seem to be on track. I've started taking evening primrose oil, on the midwife's advice, which supposedly gets your body ready for labor and makes things easier when it comes. We're now getting to the stage where everything I talk about alienates people because it's just too much bodily information. I'll try to restrain myself in this forum, but I do find it endlessly fascinating and could get really graphic.

Nathan and I are both really tired from work all the time, and with Nathan doing all of the food prep, dog walking, carrying things up the stairs, etc and me being so big I can barely turn over in bed at night, we're not doing much other than trying to eat, sleep and work. I'm working from home today, planning to go to yoga tonight. Nathan is working another schoolboard meeting and won't be home until midnight, I suspect. This weekend, we're planning on going out to brunch, which we used to do every week but haven't done in months and months.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With only 11 days until D-Day, I'm starting to think about life with Zack and without the baby blog. I'm hoping it will switch to ZACKBLOG, but who knows what time will allow with a brand new baby. This is like my favorite reality show with only one or two episodes left. Sherry

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home