Another baby shower
My office threw me a baby shower luncheon today. It was great - they had it catered from the Thai restaurant that I like, and Joyce made a cake. Nathan came down to join us. We got all kinds of books and toys and onesies. There are a lot of new moms in my office, so it was a nice group to share this with. Next week marks five years with this organization...it feels like a lot has changed during that time. I reminded everyone that last time they did this for me, for my bridal shower over 3 years ago, they had to trick me into it, telling me it was an emergency staff meeting. This time around, I'm feeling less private about it and more wanting to share the happy news with everyone. In addition to all the gifts people brought, the office as a whole gave us a tremendous car seat (A Britax Roundabout), which we'll use when the baby outgrows the infant car seat we bought. It even matches out cars' interiors (ok, fine, I picked it out).


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home