Burgers for dinner!
We've taken the red meat thing to a whole new level. When Nathan went grocery shopping this week, he actually bought ground beef to make burgers at home! Mmmm. We feasted last night. They were as good as his grilled cheese sandwiches, which I'm really addicted to. I think when the baby is older, he and I will beg Nathan to make grilled cheese all the time.
I woke up in the middle of the night with butterflies in my stomach, just happy and excited that the baby is coming. That's the first time I've felt so free and excited about it, instead of scared and overwhelmed with too many things to do first. On the home front, I feel like everything is ready. It's a great relief to have the doula lined up. (A doula is a labor support person, who works directly for you, not for the hospital or an insurance company. They typically work well with midwives, and have a lot of experience in helping you get through labor comfortably, and making the kinds of choices you want to make. There are a lot of stats out there like 50% fewer ceasareans when you work with the doula. Granted, those who would work with doulas are a self-selecting group, but still, I like the idea of having an extra person around to help, and to mediate between us and the hospital, if necessary.)
Also, last night we finalized our birth plan and printed a bunch of copies for the hospital, and I finally packed my hospital bag! I also packed the baby's bag, with a couple of choices for a coming home outfit. I packed the blanket that my grandmother Dorothy made so that we'll have something cozy to bundle him up in for the ride home, along with the blue snowsuit that my Mom got us.
Tomorrow afternoon, we have another doctor's appointment.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home