Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

D-Day

Well, the due date is here at long last. Someone tell the baby.

Pregnancy is getting a little old and it's making me a little nuts. (exhaustion + hormones = bad combo)

We have a doctor's appointment this afternoon.

Odds are, the baby will make an appearance this week, but it does feel like this could go on forever.

Thanks for all of the comments. It's nice to know that people are thinking about us, and that you're excited about the baby coming. We are too - it's just that getting through the day-to-day is taking all of my energy right now. I don't think about the big picture as much. It's probably a coping mechanism.

So here's my list of things to do to keep busy and go less nutso until the baby arrives: take Orly to the groomer, make banana muffins, get my nails done, go to Barnes and Noble and look at books about babies (the pregnancy masseuse recommended "Your Amazing Newborn"), nap, go for my ridiculously slow waddle-walks around the neighbourhood, do the prenatal yoga dvd, replenish the Tivo supply of Law & Order as needed.

Yesterday, I started playing Solitaire, which I hadn't done in years. Dawn-the-doula wants me sitting on this birth ball for 30 minute sessions several times a day, so I sit there and play Solitaire on a little table. The birth ball is one of those big inflatable balls that they use for exercise. We actually have this one from when Nathan was using it for exercises after he hurt his back a few years ago. It's pretty comfy to sit on, and I guess the theory is that it gets your spine aligned right and encourages the baby into a good position for his upcoming trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home