Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, February 07, 2005

Chinese Zodiac

So my Mom informed me that February 9th is Chinese New Year. That means that if the baby is born today or tomorrow, he will be Year of the Monkey, but thereafter, he's doomed to be Year of the Rooster (like me). I never liked being a rooster. The menus at the restaurant usually try to flatter you by telling you how smart roosters are and then go on to say that you're an eccentric loner who doesn't get along with anyone. Oh well.

Nathan helpfully pointed out that our baby won't be Chinese.

We missed hitting Dori's birthday yesterday. A lot of people are recommending Valentine's Day as a good birthday. Any guesses out there? Feel free to go on record and pick your date through the comment function below. We'd love to hear them. Just remember to say who you are, otherwise, it just says "anonymous" and we'll never know.




5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i vote thursday-any thursday
now that 'friends' is over thursday needs something special-katie

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Katie's comment. "Thursday's child is full of giving." Being a Thursday's child myself, I like that one. Charles is partial to Sunday's child who is "full of grace". All in all I think we're mighty lucky to even having this delightful conversation! --Sandy/Mom/Gma

4:50 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

Haven't you read David Sedaris? The Rooster cain't never be faded. Or heard your Alice in Chains? They come to kill the rooster ... he ain't gonna dieeee.

Not so unlucky. But yeah, the monkey sounds pretty awesome.

My best friend's birthday is on Feb. 18. I'm pulling for then. Keep posting so those of us in cybertown know when you're in labor.

Speaking of blogging babies, my midwife/L&D nurse friend had to go medieval on a family of laptop toters who were blogging/videotaping/etc. the birth of a baby because the wifi they set up interfered with the hospital equipment. Also nothing was really going to happen for a few hours anyway. Food for thought. I think we don't need to see the live streaming video, if you were curious.

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, I'm surprised that the Chinese New Year has stirred such interesting commentary. I thought that certainly the info on decorating, birthing classes, the
doula interviews, yoga, work, or almost anything else would have been more popular...what a group we are. As a year of the Horse person, I never much cared for it, but I ate the egg rolls anyhow. I pretty much agree with Nathan that Zack White-Golstein-Chin is probably not to worry. Sherry

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I checked out available birthdays for historical precedents, and I'm going to go with February 12 because both Abraham Lincoln and Charles Darwin were born on February 12--in the same year! Runners-up for propitious birthdays were Feb. 15 (Galileo) and Feb. 19 (Copernicus). Feb. 17 wasn't a serious contender, although it's the birthday of a famous Zachary--Zachary Bennett, the star of "Free Willy."

--- Meegan's Dad, Charles

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home