Counting down
Seven days to go. Woo hoo. I'm ready.
Didn't get much sleep on Monday night, so I stayed home and rested yesterday. I feel a lot better today, but I'm sure the day will wipe me out at it goes on. We have another doctor's appointment (at this point, I'm really only seeing the midwives, not the doctors, by choice) tonight, and then we're going out to dinner. Next week is our big annual meeting at work - the busiest time of the year, normally. On the one hand, I want to be there (my boss told me this morning that it would be nice if my "fan club" could see me there), but on the other hand, I'm ready for the baby to get here. I just want to see him already! If I do make it to next week, I'll continue to be the poster girl for the family-friendly workplace, and it will be nice to see all these people that I only see a few times a year. These are mainly the general managers of local public television stations - the guys you see doing pledge. I've been getting a lot of email from well-wishers.
I can't believe it's only a week until the due date. It's pretty exciting. When I was feeling so uncomfortable yesterday, my doula called and said "Ooooh, uncomfortable how?" (picture her rubbing her hands together in anticipation). But when I described the back aches and lack of sleep and general waddling around, she said what I keep hearing from all of the doctors and midwives: "Oh, you're just pregnant." So why do they keep asking me about new symptoms if that's their only answer?? Nathan and I are going to write a book called "Duh, you're pregnant" and other useful bits of advice from the medical community.
Yesterday, I was walking Orly - our weather has turned warm and yesterday it was 60 degrees and sunny, with little patches of snow melting away - and this neighbor I'd never met called out from across the street "I feel your pain!". So that tells you how I look these days. Geez. Didn't think I was quite that pathetic. I'm just slow and waddly.


1 Comments:
motherhood seems to be a whole cultish thing-katie
Post a Comment
<< Home