All's well - patience required
At the doctor yesterday, everything checked out. I guess we just need to keep waiting. The good news is that my blood pressure and everything else seems to be great. The less good news is that they said it could still be a while before he gets here. Next week, I have to see an actual doctor, because it will be the due date. Once the due date arrives, I believe they start pressuring you to induce labor (they're already suggesting ways to "get things going"). Our hope is to not have to do that.
The midwife did ask me to go see an accupressurist, "Dr. Lee", who supposedly uses pressure points to help labor come along. I think I'll wait until next week to do that.
We went to Baja Fresh for dinner last night and the woman at the counter looked at me and said "last week?". Good guess. I think Nathan was surprised by the extent to which strangers like to comment on my belly.


2 Comments:
The chutzpah of strangers is never to be underestimated...but in a good way. When strangers comment on the stomach of a non-pregnant woman, that's chutzpah ...in a bad way. Sherry
PS: the comments on "getting things going" ...that's probably up to Zack. I'd be really mad it they started to say "Let's Roll"
A "Ruth say" comes to mind: "Good things come to those who wait," as my mother used to say (a lot).
--- Charles/Dad
Post a Comment
<< Home