Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Zack is the coolest

Ok, we're finally back up and running. Everything was more complicated, time consuming, awe-inspiriing, beautiful, funny, and full of bodily fluids than I had imagined. Hopefully, we can continue to add new information and pictures of Zack here for his massive following. We've heard from so many people since the birth - it really made us feel like Zack has a big circle of family and friends who love him already.

My parents came up right after the birth. My Mom stayed for 3 weeks and was enormously helpful in making sure that we were sustained and Orly was taken care of while we spent a couple of weeks in a haze. My Dad came up twice during that stay and took pictures and got them up on the web for everyone to see. Now that they've gone, we're on our own (yikes), and figuring it out day by day.

Soem basics: Zachary Charles Goldstein was born March 1 at 3:24 am, weighing in at 9 lbs 2.6 ounces, and 21 inches long. He was a big boy. Now three weeks old, he's up to 10 pounds. His head was so much bigger than all of the other babies at the hospital!

The birth didn't go quite as we expected - after 18 hours of back labor, Zack was still determined to stay in there, so we ended up with a c-section. The good news is that this got Zack here perfectly healthy. We did have to stay longer at the hospital - we checked in on a Monday morning and didn't leave until Saturday afternoon, but they let all three of us stay together that whole time in a private room. Nathan slept on this pull out chair for 5 days - ugh. I can't imagine how people do this alone. Nathan has been incredible throughout this whole thing, taking care of all of us.

I'm a lot better now, and able to go up and down the stairs, do some walking, carry Zack for longer periods, etc. It's frustrating not to be back to 100%, but I guess that takes time. As of this week, I'm cleared for driving, etc. They say it's a 6-8 week period for the c-section recovery.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being There was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. I packed my bag a full month ahead of time and held my breath until Zack's arrival on March 1st. I'm loving this Grandmother's role, seeing nothing but miracles... even when parent's can't find time for a bite of lunch and a shower before 3:00 in the afternoon. ---Grandmommy Sandy

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being There was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. I packed my bag a full month ahead of time and held my breath until Zack's arrival on March 1st. I'm loving this Grandmother's role, seeing nothing but miracles... even when parent's can't find time for a bite of lunch and a shower before 3:00 in the afternoon. ---Grandmommy Sandy

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home