Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

This is the final week. Really.

On doctor's orders, we've scheduled the induction for next Monday (February 28), so if nothing else happens this week, that's when the baby will come. Meanwhile, we're going to do everything we can to encourage him to come naturally this week. Accupressure tonight! Raspberry leaf tea all day! Squats, lunges, birthing ball! It's all worth a shot.

It's too bad it isn't a leap year, or we could have given him the weirdest birthday there is - February 29.

Nathan's back at work today so I'll spend the day resting and exercising. I finished Little Children, but I have the newest book in the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series, which I'm kinda hooked on. I keep getting things for the hospital and then devouring them ahead of time. Just as long as it's not another childbirth book. We've read a LOT of those.

On Friday, we're scheduled for an ultrasound to make sure the amniotic fluid levels are good. Agreeing to that test bought us another weekend for the baby to come on his own, unless they decide that they don't like what they see Friday. The good news is that all signs are really good for the baby - good heartbeat, good movement, my bloodpressure is good. He's just not ready yet. I don't see what the big hurry is, and, I suppose, neither does he.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Meegan,

This is Rick. We will keep you in our thoughts this week. Can't wait to get to meet your baby. I am glad that you and the baby are okay.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess if the lady by the Target is giving advice, I won't feel so bad calling for play-by-play updates every minute. The girls at the Patch are asking if it's the same sister-in-law who was pregnant at Thanksgiving...Then they ask me if I'm sure. We're waiting.....Sherry

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home