Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Acupuncture is cool

So went to see Dr. Lee last night, and it turns out that what he really does is acupuncture, which I've never had before. It was pretty interesting. He is a super nice guy, with lots of life advice for us, as well as the immediate medical goal.

I was a skeptic throughout, and when he told me I'd start feeling "false contractions" (meaning Braxton-Hicks contractions), I thought, we'll see. Eventually, I did start getting contractions, and the baby was moving all over the place. I really just lay down on a table for a couple of hours with Nathan holding my hand, doing deep breathing exercises, while the doctor worked on pressure points. Nathan timed the contractions at 6.5 minutes apart, so Dr. Lee's prediction is that the baby will come Thursday or Friday. If he's still a no-show on Friday, we go back for another treatment Friday night.

The weirdest was when I tried to sit up at the end. My whole tummy area was rock hard. I don't know what it did, but it clearly did something. I've been having those soft painless contractions ever since.

On the way home, Nathan indulged me and stopped for what has become a pregnancy treat for me (believe me, I never would have eaten this before): A plain McDonald's hamburger with no pickles, and an orange juice. It's a great food rush. Mmmm. I could actually eat that for breakfast right now. Speaking of breakfast, I think I'll go find some.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Meegan,

It's been fun watching and waiting with you in the cheering section.

Of course, the best time to have a baby is when they are forecasting snow! Besides, a birthday with 02-25-2005 has a certain ring to it. I'm with the doctor....FRIDAY!

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Meegan,

It's been fun watching and waiting with you in the cheering section.

Of course, the best time to have a baby is when they are forecasting snow! Besides, a birthday with 02-25-2005 has a certain ring to it. I'm with the doctor....FRIDAY!

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if tv is the true mirror of our lives-i want you to know the same thing happened on 'gilmore girls'
katie

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home