Election Day
We went to the polls before work this morning. For some reason, the L-Z names had an hour wait, but the A-K names walked right in. Why didn't I change my name again? Nathan stood outside and handed out flyer for the Democrats while waiting for me to vote.
My office is really tense right now, all these lobbyists waiting to see how their lives will be changed (or not) by the election. We're starting a board retreat tomorrow afternoon, and some of them are scheduled to give presentations like "election anaylsis". How do you prepare for that? My bet is, come tomorrow morning, we still won't know anything. Thankfully, my presentation is pretty straightforward and ready to go. I'm just presenting on the new database and website project that I've been doing for the last year or so. (See what our glorious new website looks like here). I'll be staying overnight in Baltimore for this board retreat for a few nights, coming home Saturday afternoon. Hopefully, that will be my last business trip of the pregnancy. I'm starting to get more tired lately.
Yesterday, I had my glucose test, which required drinking an awful bottle of orange syrup - yuck. I should have the results in a couple of days - it's just a routine screening for gestational diabetes.
Over the weekend, I had a crazy amount of energy, and couldn't sleep, so I was doing things like getting up at 5 am and making turkey stock for soup, and cheddar cheese muffins. That's my new thing - make a big pot of soup on the weekend, and eat it all week. It's really comforting. This weekend, I made the one my Mom always makes - turkey with rice, tomatoes, green peppers, etc. Last weekend, it was a really garlicky chicken and pasta soup from the Fosters cookbook.
Oh, and Sunday was Hallowe'en! Nathan got a bunch of candy, but we didn't get any trick or treaters until he put candles out lining the walk, and left the door open. I was making soup (for a change), and the parents kept wanting to come in and have some of whatever we were cooking. Lots of cute kids. I realized that I didn't get most of the references for the costumes. I'd think it was a cowgirl, but it was some character from the movie Toy Story. I suppose eventually, we'll learn more kids' culture.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home