Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Let the nesting begin

I must really believe I'm pregnant now, because I've started buying baby clothes. I love that they make so many fleece things for babies. I bought this fleece footie pajama thing with a puppy appliqued on it. Also, a velour onesie. And little bitty overalls.

Another secret about pregnancy: the irrational weepiness. Driving to work this week, I passed a group of smiling Kerry supporters all bundled up in the cold, imploring the commuter drones to honk for Kerry. One sign said "Your vote for Kerry matters, even in Virginia". (For those of you who don't study the map as closely as they do here in Washington, Virginia's all red). SO I'm waving and honking (the only person in the line doing this), and I find myself getting all teary, which is absurd. Just something about the hope that these people had that something could change even in Virginia, and maybe we can actually get rid of this lunatic in the oval office and create a more sane world for the baby. It's a nice thought, but really I feel very pessimistic about the election. How will I even explain this one to someone we're bringing into the world?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this isn't really anonymous ...it's from Sherry..This type of weepiness is good...the cying over what to do now that they're teenagers...that's bad

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home