Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Early Christmas presents

So Nathan was off work for the holidays as of yesterday, and while I was at work, he installed new shelves in my closet that go all the way up to the ceiling, and here's the best surprise - added a dimmer switch in my bathroom. This is big drama. I can now have decadent bubble baths in the super big tub with mood lighting! It's really incredible. I'm so excited about it. I didn't even know that was something one could do oneself. This falls in the category of helping me relax...

And here's another happy surprise - yesterday, at the Bradley class, one couple brought Brie and apples for the snack. We were all ready to chide them (Brie, feta, and basically all the good cheeses being a big no-no during pregnancy, or so we've all been told). But no. It turns out that Whole Foods sells PASTURIZED BRIE! It's like a miracle. Guess what I'll be eating on Christmas day?

This is my last day at work for a little over a week. Nathan and I are having a quiet Christmas at home - focus on getting ready for baby, and spending a little time together - and then my folks are coming up for New Year's. It'll be my first Christmas without being with my family, and that's a little sad, but honestly, I'm so exhausted and overwhelmed that this is all I can manage.

At our doctor's appointment on Tuesday, they told me that my bloodwork showed that I'm borderline anemic, so I guess those red meat cravings made sense. No wonder I'm tired all the time. I suppose I'll have to actually start eating some of that spinach that Nathan has been stocking the fridge with. :( Also at the doctor, the midwife showed me how to press hard on my tummy and feel the shape of the baby. He was lying head down again (the better to kick my sides). Supposedly he weighs about 4 pounds now.

Other than that, all is well. We're planning a trip to Maryland to the baby super store to figure out what else we need sometime over the next week. I inventoried the baby clothes to see if there were any gaping holes in the wardrobe, and washed all of the little clothes with Dreft. Now we just need to get a chest of drawers to put everything away.

I'm also reading sample birth plans on the web - our homework this week for Bradley class is to write up a birth plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home