Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 09, 2004

The empty nest

So yesterday Nathan took off work and got the nursery all emptied out. It's great! All of a sudden, we have a new room in the house. We moved the desk up to the bedroom, which is fine - it actually even matches the bedroom furniture. Now we have a clean slate to start with. I still haven't bought the paint, but we'll do that this weekend. Nathan's taking a day off work next week for painting. It's such a relief to have an empty room for the baby.

Tonight, I'm blowing off yoga class in order to just rest and spend time together at home. Too much running around, lately. By the end of the day, I'm so tired that I get contractions, and dinner at 10 pm is not a good strategy for pregnancy. I'm making a new resolution to try to put resting higher on the priority list.

All seems to be going well, though. This week, our childbirth classes finally started talking about labor, and what we actually are going to go through, and how to cope. That was helpful. It's become less scary. Next weekend, we're taking a tour of our hospital.

The baby is still moving around all the time, and getting bigger daily. We went out to Outback Steakhouse last Friday (the crazy pregnancy steak cravings), and they tried to seat us at a booth, but I couldn't fit in it!

Meanwhile, Christmas is sneaking up on us. I haven't even thought about Christmas shopping yet. We're staying home, just the two of us, and plan to go over to the Elipse and see the national Christmas tree in front of the White House one day when it's sunny. I've never done that, although it's probably a 10-15 minute walk from my office. They also have smaller trees for each state and teritory, all decorated for that area. Should be pretty.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am trying again. I think I haven't been clicking on "publish".
Would love to see the National Christmas tree and the smaller trees for each State and Territority. Nice such a treat is so nearby. d.y.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home