Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 29, 2004

Thanksgiving

We had an incredible Thanksgiving...food and family. Sherry did her usual miracle woman thing, hosting a million parties and making incredible meals. We drove up Wednesday night from Milwaukee with my Mom, in time for Sherry and Steve's pre-Thanksgiving party with their neighbours and friends. Thursday, my Mom and I swam in the hotel pool, and we all got together at 2 for turkey, unbelievable lamb chops, sweet potatoes with cranberries and pecans, and lots of the traditional favourites. Friday, we had brunch at the country club, where Sherry hosted a baby shower for us. She had party favors, a cake decorated with little ducks and baby bottles, and a million presents. This baby will need a walk-in closet for all of the outfits! It was a lot of fun.

Friday afternoon, I rested, and then we met everyone for pizza near the hotel. On Saturday, we drove to Milwaukee and flew home. Our original plan was to go out to dinner to celebrate our anniversary, but instead, I fell asleep for about 17 hours. (Woke up in the middle of the night to eat, and went back to sleep). It was a little exhausting. I'm happy to stay put for the rest of the pregnancy.

The baby has really been moving around a lot in the last week. Only a week ago, Nathan felt the kicking for the first time. Now he can feel it almost any time of the day. Sometimes it's just wiggling, but other times, it's big kicks all over at once.

We're back at work today and tonight we go to our first "prepared childbirth" class. This is a series of six classes to complement the Bradley classes - the focus here is more on the full range of options, rather than just natural childbirth. (The cynic would say this is the class that prepares you to submit to the hospital's wishes and quiet you down by taking advantage of all the medical interventions they offer). I'd just as soon know all of the options, though. You never know what will happen once we get into it, and I'll feel better having some idea of what's coming.

We took a lot of pictures over the weekend - I'll post some of them soon once we get them off the camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home