Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, December 20, 2004

Making progress on the nursery

I can't believe how much progress we've made in the last two weeks. Nathan's been really working hard at getting the nursery ready. The paint job is finished, and on Saturday, we bought the crib (thank you Sol!). Yesterday, Nathan assembled the crib, and we washed the sheets and bumper and got it all set up, including a great mobile that my folks sent. There's still a lot to do, but it feels more like a baby's room now. I also got a glider-rocker, which is in the family room right now. So far, both times I've tried to sit in it and relax, I've fallen asleep in about 10 minutes. I guess that means it's comfy! Orly also finds it comfy - when I came downstairs this morning, Orly was standing at attention at the bottom of the stairs, but the glider was still moving back and forth...

Also this weekend, we went on the hospital tour. The hospital seems pretty nice. The labor rooms look like bedrooms, complete with couches and curtains. Each labor room has its own shower, with a bench to sit down and hang out in the shower while you're in labor. At least in their pr pitch, they seem very progressive and natural childbirth-friendly. The recovery rooms are all private, except for three which are shared, and assuming I get a private room, Nathan will be able to stay over in the room with me and the baby the whole time. You can opt to have the baby with you in the room the whole time, and not taken away to the nursery, thank goodness. The whole process is becoming more real and tangible.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't help but smile thinking about the difference in the hospital set up you and the baby will have - when I had Sandy during WW11 I was in a room with 4 other mothers as the nurse aid came to beat on our tummies after our baby had arrived. I was told it was to keep clots from forming. I told her "I'll take my chances without your beating". Dorothy

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home