Dads play differently
I bought this book that talks about what's going on developmentally each month, and suggests games to introduce. One of the things they say is that it's important for both parents to spend time playing with the baby, because "Dads play differently". In fact, it seems that Dads play much more creatively. I keep walking in on hilarious games they've got going: a puppet show doing songs from "The Falcon and the Snowman" (a teddy bear in the Timothy Hutton role, a snowman puppet in the Sean Penn role); sing-alongs like "Z-O-N-G-O, and Zongo was his name-o"; and a whole slew of nicknames. Shivers McPee is one of the favorites. It is excellent.
Another baby thing: what's up with all the text on his clothes? I like text, so I'm a big fan, but it is a little weird for someone who can't read yet. It's like people are so curious about what's going on with babies and project so many hopes and expectations, that they just write them on their outfits. Maybe we should all wear outfits with descriptive slogans. Some of his say: One of a kind, I love Mommy (ok, I bought that one), Varoom Broom, Little Prince, and Sir Hugs a Lot.
We're on our third week of being home alone without Nathan, and we're managing ok, but the weekends sure are great. On Wednesdays, Zack and I go to yoga, and on Thursdays, we have infant massage class. This weekend, we're going to Indiana. First plane trip for Zackie. We're really excited about seeing all of Nathan's family and introducing Baby Z.


4 Comments:
Hey Zachary I love your pictures. I've always wanted to be photogenic. Can't wait to meet you this weekend. I took your cousin Katie shopping after graduation and all she bought was stuff for you. Your other two cousins are equally fantastic!! Kiss your mom and dad-see you soon Aunt Dorie
don't hate on 'jesus is my homeboy'
and you don't know
maybe he can read?
i just wrote the last comment-katie
Saw a cute baby t-shirt that said I am not a drug mule. It was pretty kewl, making the baby a participant in an ironic joke like that.
Post a Comment
<< Home