Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Every 37 year old feminist's dream...

Zack's always telling me that Dada is working. He also tells this to any man we see in the grocery store in the middle of the day during the week: "Not Dada. Dada working." So yesterday, he did the best one yet, turned to me during lunch and said "Dada work, Mommy kitchen". Ouch. A little deprogramming must be in order.

He's talking a lot, and enjoys getting to tell me to do things (welcome to the twos!). For example, I'll get up on the slide at the playground and he stands at the bottom and yells "One, Two, Three, Slide!" which cracks him up. When I get too close at the playground, say, if he's trying to climb up on the rocking duck and I'm trying to be within arm's reach to catch him if he falls, he'll stop what he's doing, face me, put both hands on my legs and push me back, saying "Not thank you, Mommy!" Yesterday, he had me going all day with a game of "Music?" "Not Music!" before I realized the game was about watching Mommy run to the cd player and not about the music. He's also starting to sing, which is just too cute. He'll do parts of the alphabet, especially if prompted. My favorite part is "HIJK, Elmo, P".

He's got this Wings duet going with Nathan. I can hear them in the bathtub at night:
Nathan: There's a...
Zack: ROCK SHOW!
Nathan: at the concertgabouw, they've got...
Zack: LONG HAIR!
Nathan: at Madison square, they've got...
Zack: ROCK AN ROLL!
Nathan: at the Hollywood Bowl, I'll be there....

It's quite adorable. He also does a version of "Baby, you can drive my car". Zack's also been repeating phrases to me that Nathan taught him. Today he told me "Hello Handsome" and "You got it, Chief".

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yet another evening of entertaining reading on the blog. We always love these stories. Each one is a precious jewel which I treasure beyond measure. It's all part of the beautiful story of "The Life and Times of Young Zachary". Thanks for sharing.
---Grandmommy

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW. I feel like Meegan needs a big hug after a blow like that. I feel your pain SISTER. Soon Zack will know that Mommy's work is really hard and appreciate how special it is to have Mommy there with him. Love Aunt Sherry

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great stories, Meegan. Keep 'em coming. Sounds like it's time to record some tracks.

--- Grandad Charles

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home