touchstones...
...literally. meegan and i both remember visiting the air and space museum as kids and long, long lines to get to see the moonrocks. now, nobody much cares. this is z touching the moonrock with his mum. there are no lines, or people to even say "it looks just like a rock." the museums on the mall seem to work really well for z's morning waking time, so it's an easy and convenient weekend outing. there're few things z seems more taken with than airplanes, so air and space is a certainty with him. he's pretty happy to point out which ones are prop planes, which ones are jets.


3 Comments:
Memories are made of this...Can 30 years have really flown by this fast? Seems like only yesterday I was a new mom holding my little boy up to see that rock. It's fun to see the fast forward in time. Can't wait to go to the museum with Zack. He certainly seems engaged.
----Grandmommy
It's been a while since I dropped by here — Zack's got so much hair!!
I love the Smithsonian ... I hope Zack appreciates getting to live so near so much cool museology when he gets older. I'll never forget my times holding the ball python and the legless lizard as a volunteer at the Museum of Natural History in Philly.
Wow - I should check this site more often. I'm afraid Zack will have his graduation hat on next time. Is he always so happy??? And smart???
HATS OFF to Meegan and Nathan for doing such an incredible job with Zack (and this blog...). My kids should be so lucky to have such a well-documented childhood.
My only question is: how many times does the pink pig talking easel enter into the xmas morning video? I love watching Zack, but I may have to mute that pig when I finish the video... ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home