Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Our son, the extrovert

Zack's newest development is laughter. He also gives people huge smiles. We were in a Japanese restaurant for lunch and the waitress gave him this small closed-mouth smile. Zack knows how to return a smile - he gave her one of his huge shoulders raised, eyes crinkled, mouth wide open grins. He smiles so big, he gets his whole body into it, pulling his kneees up to his belly. It really surprised her, and the more she laughed, the more he did it. They must have been smiling at each other for five minutes. I've seen him smile at a little girl, and at any stranger who looks at him. I'm waiting for him to smile at Orly.

He also giggles. Some of the things we've discovered that make him laugh: spinning him around (Nathan discovered this - works every time); nibbling his tummy; singing "Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes" (it's the toes part that really cracks him up.)

He really seems to have a lot of personality these days, and he seems so much more carefree than when he had colic and looked worried all the time. He's pretty fun to be around.

I'm going back to work on Monday. (insert frown emoticon) We're switching off, so Nathan will be at home for another month with him. Come mid-July, we'll have to find a daycare solution, while we wait for him to get into the daycare we want (looks like September for that). I've arranged to work only Monday through Wednesday through the summer, so I'll still have more days home with Zack than not.

By the way, Stephen just posted some pictures of his visit here when Zack was 7 weeks old. He looks so little in those pictures now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home