Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, May 28, 2005

A trip to Indiana

As you all know, we went to Indiana for Zack to meet Nathan's family and while we were there, Nathan's father, Sol, passed away. I don't even know what to say about this. I also can't believe how many times I'm writing this kind of news in a baby blog. To me it has been very unexpected and very very sad.

I'm so happy that Zack (and I) have such an incredible family there and I know that his cousins and aunts and uncles will be sharing stories with him about his grandparents forever. We were really happy for Zack to meet everyone under these revolting circumstances. I suppose there's something to be said about the cycle of life continuing, but it doesn't seem that way now. In any case, I didn't take many pictures on this trip for obvious reasons, but Zack was warmly welcomed into his family and held by everyone. I think he was especially excited to meet his aunt Sherry, who I tell him about every morning when we go to find a new outfit for him to wear. Also, meeting all of his first cousins was a big thrill. He was initiated into a secret cousins' handshake.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the main agenda for thanksgiving is a new handshake-the current on has gotten to much exposure(but few give it as much flair as baby-z) and picking out places for our matching tattoo
-cousin katie
kidz table for life!

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home