Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Baby whispering

Today we watched a DVD which is supposed to reveal secrets to quieting colicky babies. It's smart that they came out with a DVD, because I'd heard that the book was great, but no one has time to read a book with a crying baby. In any case, it was interesting - a lot of the techniques were things we already do - white noise, swaddling, pacifier, swinging - but they had a few tips we didn't know, like putting him on his side and jiggling him. I tried that tonight after his bath, and it did calm him out of a crying fit. We'll see if that was coincidence or something really when he wakes up in a couple of hours, I'm sure...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

from romey--there is no such thing as a colicy baby--only colicy parents

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home