A day at the beach
This trip to Florida was hardly a day at the beach. Between my conference presentation and visiting Grandmom in the hospital, it was a little stressful. However, Mom, Dad, Granddad and I did manage a couple of hours on Cocoa Beach Sunday morning, before going over to the hospital. I, of course, got a little burned while the Floridians barely noticed the sun. The good news is that Grandmom is doing a little better and has been moved out of the hospital, back to the rehab facility now.
On the baby front, I think everyone was excited to see the new bigger Meegan. Mom brought me my own baby afghan, which my grandmother Dorothy had knitted for me 35 years ago. It's light green and white and I can't wait to share it - what an heirloom! There's even a matching jacket. Then, when I arrived back home, I found that she hasn't stopped knitting after all of these years, and Dorothy sent us a brand knew afghan she's made for this baby. It's multi-colored in pastels and very soft. It's all just beautiful, and I love the idea of the baby having this much history passed on. I'm also getting my dinosaur quilt back from Mom (many of you will recall the red gingham dinosaur quilt that GMR made me as my baby quilt) to use as a wall hanging in the nursery.
I'm going to attempt to post some pictures now to show just how big the baby's getting to be.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home